Is It Time For Me To Test My Blocked Tubes?

Tubal reversal is the surgical process that aims at repairing the damaged fallopian tubes which have been purposely cut and tied during tubal ligation surgery. Although, IVF is one of the methods through which couples can have babies, yet it is extremely costly and hence, tubal reversal is a preferred option as it restores fertility and helps the woman in conceiving naturally again.

Keep An Eye On Your Menstrual Cycles

Before you opt for tubal reversal surgery, women tend to track their menstrual cycles. It is by monitoring the cycles that one will be able to have a better insight into days when their fertility is best. Having an idea of their fertile days can help them in getting pregnant much faster.

Even some of the top surgeons are of the opinion that women should use ovulation predictor kits as it can help them in understanding when ovulation is taking place. Knowing the time of ovulation will come in handy to speed up the process of conceiving. Ovulation is the stage that indicates that fertilization of the egg by the sperm is possible.

What Is The HSG Test? Is It Mandatory?

Once the tubal reversal test has been performed, the couple is likely to start trying to get pregnant. Some women are lucky and may conceive within first two to three months. However, there are a lot of women who get anxious every month only to be disappointed as the results turn out to be negative. In such cases, the stress level rise and women begin to doubt as to whether their fallopian tube is still tied up and that is the cause of failure of fertilization.

It is only in such cases, where despite trying numerous times women have failed to get pregnant that HSG test is recommended. This test helps in determining as to whether or not the fallopian tubes are open.

Understanding The Probability With Numbers

As per statistics that have been collected from some of the top reversal centers, 70 percent of those who undergo tubal reversal surgery are likely to get pregnant in less than 12 months after the surgery. However, the real problem lies with the remaining 30 percent.

Of the 30 percent who fail to conceive and the ones who opted for HSG test, only 6 percent among them have damaged fallopian tubes. Of these 6 percent cases too, most women have blockage in a single fallopian tube and the other remains intact.

What About My Hospital Bills?

This is one of the key points to consider because there are a lot of insurance companies that do not cover the cost of this surgery. You should try to plan your savings in advance so that you can pay the surgery cost.

Also, HSG can lead to some infection too and despite being a safe procedure, women need to prepare themselves mentally for undergoing the test.

Remember, time can be the best healer as pregnancy can even happen when you have lost all hopes of conceiving. Consult a doctor before making any big decision.

Share Your Comments